mmc.exe users and computers dont start and is consuming a lot CPU time

1 view

Jerry

Mar 24, 2003, 3:10:33 PM3/24/03
Hi Guy's,

I have the following question:

I have restored AD from tape because I had serious problem with AD:

Problem:
Security Accounts Manager Initialization failed Because of the following
error: Directory Service cannot be start.
KB 240655. Does anyone what could of cause this error ?

Second:
I have restored AD and everything seams to be working fine. I have done this
with ntdsutil.exe authoritive restore.

The problem I have now is that I cant open the MMC users&comuters. I dont
get an error message in the taskmanager I see cpu usage mmc.exe 100%.
From my workstation where I installed the support tools I can use
users&computers without any problem.

Can someone advise me on this.

Regards,